It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
(male)

Croangler HB User
Joint Pain and Heartburn/Reflux

I have bad Joint pain (specifically in my elbows, fingers and bottoms of my feet) in addition to horrible reflux and heartburn. †I'm 32, eat healthy, and am thin. †I get injured easily due to the "bad joints" and get heartburn/gerd from anything that isnt 100% healthy to eat. †I feel like im in a downward spiral and have no idea how to get out. †Please help

The following user gives a hug of support to Croangler:
Moldova (02-10-2013)
Old 02-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Joint Pain and Heartburn/Reflux

Hello and welcome!

When you say you have bad joints, what do you mean? Just the pain you talking about or you were diagnosed with some type condition?
Joint pain may come and go, I believe we all go through it, but if it stays or comes too often, you need to see your DR.
It can be not a "bad joints" at all but it could be an indication of something is wrong in your system. Any inflammation in your body may cause joint pain, swelling even. You mentioned GERD (were you diagnosed officially with it? ) which also can be a cause of joint pain.
I also didn't understand when you said you get reflux symptoms only if you eat unhealthy foods. Even very healthy foods can give you heartburn and reflux (like tomato sauce) it's just means they disagree with you. Are you taking OTC anti acids or you on some type Rx medication for it?

No need to panic dear heart, just go to see your Internist and take care about symptoms which bother you (your reflux) and see how you will feel afterwards. Often fixing little things can help in feeling better.

Best of luck to you
Moldova

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
(male)

Croangler HB User

I haven't been diagnosed with any joint issues.....they just hurt. I'm only 32 so I find it hard to believe I have arthritis, but it feels like it. Several of my joints hurt daily so I believe Something "larger" is the reason (disease, allergy, etc). I've been searching for clues and been to see numerous doctors, herbalists, acupuncturists, etc for the last several years but nothing....... This is the first time I've used a health board hoping someone has seen this before. Thanks for your caring, and for you help.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
(male)

Croangler HB User

Sounds good, what do you recommend? I feel as though I've tried everything.......... Thanks for the input

Old 02-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #5
(female)

catherin123 HB User

Hi

In my opinion Joint pain is not a simple thing.We have to give more care about our health.Especially in winter season joint pain is increases.So that it is better to do special exercise and yoga for this.
Thanks.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
(male)

chaines HB User

I'm right there with you. I get reflux often and sometimes it wakes me up at night like I'm choking on it. Even with a very healthy diet this happens.

My other symptoms began with a year and a half of exposure to chlorine gas followed by bi-lateral lower leg pain. It caused neuropathy that kept me in a wheelchair at work. My leg pain has improved but now it's in both knees, elbows, triceps and rotator cuffs. Scary to say the least! All of the muscular skeletal pain started about two years ago. I was previously a competitive level extreme skier and mountain athlete.

I too have done acupuncture, naturopath and all of the normal western medicine stuff. I've even made two trips to regional clinics. 8 different diagnoses later I'm giving up on doctors and now just along for the ride.

I wish I could offer up some advice but I'm just in the learning process myself. I wish you luck and hopefully we both can find some answers in the near future.

Reply Reply

Tags
feet pain, gerd, heart burn, joint pain, reflux