It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

Kinikalale HB User
Unhappy Shoulder Pain

In September of 2011 I broke my right humerus which has never been the same. I used to sleep on my right arm/side but couldn't for a long time due to the fracture. I started sleeping on my left arm/shoulder and shortly after that I started experiencing pain in the shoulder joint area. It hurts primarily while I am sleeping and does wake me with pain. Luckily I don't have too much of a problem going back to sleep. The only time it hurts during the day is shortly after I first wake up. I am aware of it most of the day thinking that it is going to hurt. Recently I have noticed when I lift it straight up it pops. I saw an Advanced Practiced Registered Nurse/Family Nurse Practitioner in the family practice I go to. I told her about it the last time I was in and she said it was arthritis. I don't have arthritis anywhere else. The only thing I have done that I never did with this arm before is sleep on it. I did have an injury to my left knee which most likely came from the fall I took that broke my right arm. Initially I saw another APRN/FNP with pain in my left knee and she told me it was arthritis and I got a very expensive shot. It didn't improve so I was referred to an orthopedist who ordered an MRI and I was told that I had a torn Meniscus. I had surgery to repair that. At my age it is likely that I have some arthritis but it has never bothered me until I broke my right arm. If it isn't arthritis what could it be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
(female)

jocelyn7035 HB User
Re: Shoulder Pain

For the pain in the shoulder due to arthritis can be dealt by exercising, physical therapies like hydrotherapy that will allow for better movement of the body and also will soothe the pain. Have you tried this?

Reply Reply