It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
(female)

Greengal04 HB UserGreengal04 HB UserGreengal04 HB UserGreengal04 HB User
had my arthroplasty surgery

Well I did it, a gave the go ahead for the surgery today. I agonized over this one for a good month. And I'm still not 100% sure, especially after my not so good experience with my last surgery. But I don't think it's possible to be 100% on these things. There's no guarantee, as I already know all to well. All you do is get as much info as you can and then make the best decision you and have faith it will work out in the end.

But I had a good chat with my hand doc today, told him about my concerns, and he told me he's done this surgery countless times to people of all ages and had good outcomes in most of them. He also said while there are other surgical options he has had the best results with this one.

Again, I know there are no guarantees but my problem's only going to get worse not better unless I do something. I'm still incredibly anxious about it though since the hand is my right hand and I'm right handed, and because that hand is still got a zingy neuroma on it from my last surgery just 5 months ago. I'm scared as all get out, but I just have to cowgirl up and do it lol!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
(female)

Greengal04 HB UserGreengal04 HB UserGreengal04 HB UserGreengal04 HB User
Re: had my arthroplasty surgery

I haven't had this surgery yet. I was just replying to another thread to let the poster who I was chatting with know that I had decided to do it. I didn't know that my post had been turned into a new thread. So i just wanted to clarify that I haven't had the surgery yet. I will in April.

Last edited by Greengal04; 03-06-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply