It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

monkee5 HB User
Morning stiffness? Need help

Hi there, I have been suffering for some time now and need to see if I can find answers? In the past I have seen a Rheumatologist but not for this reason but for my kneck pain I have had back problems for some time but I have two different things going and one being this and like for example this morning I had to fall to the floor and then lift my self up, I have recently switched beds hoping to get some relief to no evail because I had a double pillow top so I switched to a mild soft pillow top ugh, I cannot not take motrin or naproxen as it tears up my stomach and there is another i have been on but cant remember the name if it was said I would, need help her please, any suggestions before I schedule an appt.!
Thank you so much!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #2
(female)

jocelyn7035 HB User
Re: Morning stiffness? Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkee5 View Post
Hi there, I have been suffering for some time now and need to see if I can find answers? In the past I have seen a Rheumatologist but not for this reason but for my kneck pain I have had back problems for some time but I have two different things going and one being this and like for example this morning I had to fall to the floor and then lift my self up, I have recently switched beds hoping to get some relief to no evail because I had a double pillow top so I switched to a mild soft pillow top ugh, I cannot not take motrin or naproxen as it tears up my stomach and there is another i have been on but cant remember the name if it was said I would, need help her please, any suggestions before I schedule an appt.!
Thank you so much!!!
The morning stiffness may be due to the lack of the physical exercise, also being overweight; diet is very poor, sleeping disorder. Exercising daily makes the blood circulation path smooth, poor diet causes weak muscles. In order to get rid of morning stiffness first you need to do is some kinda stretching while lying in the bed this will help to prevent muscle spasm and lead for better blood circulation, drink apt amount of water. Just keep into account a few tips so that the stiffness gets reduced.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
(male)

WVman HB User
Re: Morning stiffness? Need help

i have osteoarthrits in my left wrist, due to an old scaphoid fracture, and AVN. i usually have morning stiffness in my wrist plus pain. i can take ibuprofen, lodine, or some other type of nsaid to help with the stiffness and get some mobility back. it also helps with the osteo pain some. so i take hydrocodone for for the pain in the bone that is fractured and dying out..until i take these meds it is too painful for me to try and do exercises..after 30 min or so from takin the nsaids and hydrocodone i can move my wrist pretty good..i know ur pain is else where but if u even have otc nsaids it may help and if ur dr. writes u any narcotic pain meds, u could try that then work on an exercise.

Reply Reply