It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2002, 09:08 PM   #1

Iowawriting HB User
Post Home Schooling son with aspergers

I have been homeschooling our 12 year old son that has aspergers for the past year. After battling the school district and his continued rejection from peers, we decided to give it a try. We loved it and feel that it was semi successful but I am looking for others who have tried the same and wonder how it worked for you. Maybe we could share tips and advice.

Old 07-07-2002, 06:25 AM   #2

Jannette HB User
Thumbs up

I have a 9 year old high functioning autistic and my son is in regular school (I have no problems, yet). But during the Reg. school year I introduce and teach the parts of grade standards that the teachers do not. In the summer I summer school him and go over all of it, not easy but my son loves being with me rather than the summer school program. I do not know if I want to do it full time so far he loves being in school and loves being a part of a class. He will be going into 3rd grade but the teachers have him at the level of about 1/2 way thru 2nd grade, I have him at the very beginning. Anyway I have tons of ideas and have done a lot of work on teaching my child. It feels great when he gets something and we can use what we learn when we are out and about. I live in NY and I would love to hear from you although I have a yonger son I know in a lot of cases all learn differently. E me: dsawyer@twcny.rr.com. I have some sight I go to that might interest you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread