It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
(female)

anemone HB User
Communication & Asperger's

I'm not looking for a diagnosis, I was just wondering if anyone could relate.

I have severe problems with communication, social situations etc, at times. I have a few friends who I like, and enjoy spending time with, but I'm frustrated that it isn't this simple.

The energy it takes me to spend time around other people, to try and figure out what they are saying & to reply "correctly" seems far far more than anyone else I know. Three hours at a friend's house leaves me feeling like I need to sleep for a week.

I feel very very little myself, and so understanding anyone else's feelings seem practically impossible to me. I only understand these things if they're clearly spelt out to me (& of course no one ever makes it that easy!)
I seem to be on a different planet.

I have recently been avoiding social occasions & rarely meeting with friends because I just feel I can't cope with the overload of information in my brain.

My counsellor & close (online, heh) friend have suggested that this is due to possible Asperger's, but I just feel lazy and pathetic.
I want to spend time with my friends, I'm not doing this because I don't like them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BetsyAnn HB User
Re: Communication & Asperger's

Hi anemone, I just bumped an old thread that was started by Redhead23. I hope it gets her attention to the board. I really think she will be able to help you out.

There are alot of moms on this board. But there are a few individuals with aspergers that should be able to relate to you.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread