It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #1
(female)

michellemac1 HB User
Unhappy Aspergers syndrome-mum not coping!

hi ima 31 year old mum of 2 that has a 4 year old son currently getting investigated for aspergers, im not coping, i have a 4 month old baby and had the most awful pregnancy, before that i had a horrific miscarriage and was already fragile now to find out my lovely son may have aspergers its just too much im so scared and the worse thing is not knowing if he has it or not, has anyway struggled with acceptance the way i am?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #2
(female)

princessputter HB User
Re: Aspergers syndrome-mum not coping!

heres my suggestion....

assume he has it.....the chances he does are probly high... so that takes away one of your problems... worring weather or not he has it... now educate yourself... autism is not the end of the world...this board is very helpful.. I think we all go thru the omg poor me.. my poor child phase.. but ahhh its just a phase...I too have a young daughter and have suffered a horrible miscarriage years ago( twins)....but your kids need you keep ya chin up.. it will get better... call around get the help you need.. hug your children tight and you have our support here... my son is 6 dx`ed at 3...and..heres something you may not know asbergers is the higest functioning level of autism.. so half your battle is already won... some of our children...arent that lucky....

They saw a child "in a world of his own". I see the most the most brilliant star. They saw a child "who may never speak". I see a gift that didn't need words. They saw a child with "limited possibility". I see a child, my child, who can soar past the sky.

mommy to Ryan and countless foster children...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #3
(male)

Cheeseman HB User

Higher functioning people with Autism are usually more aware of their difficulties than people with more severe autism and are more likely to become depressed.

sorry this isn't a good thing but something worth being aware of.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
(female)

princessputter HB User

I see your point but sadly depression effects more then people with autism....my son is on the lower functioning end of the spectrum...almost completly nonverbal.. but he copes well... and so do I...I also think its safe to say my son is more then likely aware of his diffaculties.. but beacuse he cant express them.. its my job as mommie.. to pick up on what triggers the harder times..and to figure out what eases his transitions..

They saw a child "in a world of his own". I see the most the most brilliant star. They saw a child "who may never speak". I see a gift that didn't need words. They saw a child with "limited possibility". I see a child, my child, who can soar past the sky.

mommy to Ryan and countless foster children...

Old 02-18-2006, 05:07 AM   #5
(male)

pritam HB User
Question Re: Aspergers syndrome-mum not coping!

If someone can help me .My son who is 29 suffering with aspergers syndrome.But recently his anger is out of control.He is under psychiatrist treatment for many years but no use.recently we start treatment with Royal homeopathy Hospital in LONDON for 4/5 months.They try different homeopathy remedies but no effect.
He is married but his anger will spoil his marriage.Otherwise he is very gentle,good and no problem with his job ,which is full time.
Please helpus.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #6

Annee HB User

Hi Pritam,
I'm sorry I can't help you, but your question may get more responses if you put it under it's own heading. Go back to the "Autism" main page and click on "New Thread."

Old 02-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #7

debralyn HB User
Red face Re: Aspergers syndrome-mum not coping!

My son is 21 and has aspergers, he was misdiagnosed at 6 yrs, got an 'iffy' diagnosis of it when he was 15 and was actually diagnosed with it 2 years ago. I wonder all the time, if they had diagnosed him correctly, would it have made a difference? I now have a son who dropped out of school toward the end of his senior year. It was either that or flunk . He also has epilepsy, and is deaf in his left ear. Anyway, he got really violent a few months ago(since he turned 18 he refuses to see anyone except his neurologist), his neurologist put him on risperdal and it seems to have done the trick for now.
Yes your son needs you, but dont forget about yourself, at this time my husband, who is a good man, just cannot stand our son. Our marriage is breaking up, because all this time I put my son first. I quit my job, when he was young, and now I resent him for something that isnt even his fault, he didnt ask for these problems. If he is married, that is something, if he is seeing someone that is also something, my son will more than likely be with us forever(with me forever), he stays in his room and does nothing all day.
I am sorry, this did not start out as a moan, but it became one.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #8
(female)

Amy42601 HB User

My 4 year old son has AS. I honestly just think of him as my special little boy and love him. Your son is the same boy he always was. He's just different, and different is cool. I'm not going to lie to you, it will be/get tough. There are days when I want to tear my hair out over my son, but he says and does the most remarkable things. Try not to let AS make you feel bad. It is a lot to cope with, and it can and will be hard sometimes. But it's also a great experience to be able to see the world thru an AS child's eyes and see what they see. I hope this made some sense. I'm quite tired! Anyway, try not to let it get you down. Hope you're ok.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #9
(female)

Amy42601 HB User

My 4 year old son has AS. I honestly just think of him as my special little boy and love him. Your son is the same boy he always was. He's just different, and different is cool. I'm not going to lie to you, it will be/get tough. There are days when I want to tear my hair out over my son, but he says and does the most remarkable things. Try not to let AS make you feel bad. It is a lot to cope with, and it can and will be hard sometimes. But it's also a great experience to be able to see the world thru an AS child's eyes and see what they see. I hope this made some sense. I'm quite tired! Anyway, try not to let it get you down. Hope you're ok.

Closed Thread