It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 03:01 AM   #1
(female)

lisawilliams HB User
problems with getting aspergers child statemented

hi all
my name is lisa and i have a 11 year old daughter with aspergers, she fantastic in every way but when the aspergers takes hold it can be very difficult and frustrating for her and for me.Just last year my husband and i tried to get her statemented but uor duaghter was turned down for this becouse the boruogh council said that it wasnt needed because she didnt need any help with education as she was doing well in all aspects of the curriculum, but becouse she was turned down we found that getting her the secondry school of her chioce was virtually impossibe, especially one that was close enough to where we live so i cant help thinking that if she was statmented she would of got in any school and if we wasnt honest on the application forms she would also be in the school she wanted insread of us being told that the school we wanted wasnt in the catchment area which is ironic becoase the school she did get is miles away in banstead to which she will get on a school coach paid for by me
and not funded by the local council.
anyway rather than going on about it has anyone else had problems like us then please tell me your story as i would be interested to know.
thanks again
lisa

Old 06-07-2006, 04:50 AM   #2
(female)

pingu06 HB User
Re: problems with getting aspergers child statemented

hi
my son is statemented and has ASD,but lots of my friends have Aspergers kids and I know that you really have to push for a statement.To be honest you might have quite a struggle.There is a helpline run for parents reg education and the law forgot its name but the NAS will know it and they are excellent and will even send a rep if you need one.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

lisawilliams HB User
Re: problems with getting aspergers child statemented

HI PINGU
thanks for the info will definately give it a go, also thinking of appealing through parent parnership instead of through the school, any other info would be of great help also.
I am also appealing for any one in the sutton area who has an aspergers child to contact me and exchange veiws.

lisa

Closed Thread