It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
(female)

momof4boys HB User
Question Any One Notice Large Pupils in Child with Asperger's?

I have noticed my son with aspergers has very large pupils. They almost take up the colored portion of his eyes. This while in light or dark rooms.
Has anyone else noticed if their child has the same or am I being overly worried?

Thanks

Old 10-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
(female)

ZnMmom HB User
Re: Any One Notice Large Pupils in Child with Asperger's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4boys View Post
I have noticed my son with aspergers has very large pupils. They almost take up the colored portion of his eyes. This while in light or dark rooms.
Has anyone else noticed if their child has the same or am I being overly worried?

Thanks
My twin boys were diagnosed with autism when they were 2 1/2. They had very large pupils all the time and I could not get any answers from the doctors as to why. I did alot of research and started them on the gluten free /casien free diet. After I started them on the gluten free/casien free diet, that cleared up. My understanding is that their bodies do not produce the enzymes nessesary to break down those protiens and they act as opiates in their systems. I get enzymes that were created by Kirkman Labs specifically for people with autism who have that problem and when they get ahold of anything with gluten or casien I give them an enzyme. Your still supposed to try to avoid the foods that have casien or gluten in them but it aleviates most of their symptoms when they are occasionally exposed to them. Hope this helps.
Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
(male)

stepdad75 HB User

I notice my teenage step son's pupils go into overload anytime he is confronted with anything. Almost as if you can see him loose control right before your eyes. This is common .... which is a reason discipline doesn't work. Like an automatic chemical gets released uncontrolably the minute anyone confronts him on anything.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
(female)

Texanne HB User

Neither me nor my children have any form of autism, (that I know of) but we all had very large pupils in childhood. Mine lasted well up middle school. My 11 year old has eyes that look black in photos (they are green) because they are so large. I wish mine did that still, but it is common in children; nothing specific to do with autism, etc...

Old 06-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

I have never heard of this as being a symptom or sign of autism. a lot of people have large pupils and it seems to be a family trait.

probably anecdotal evidence is what is driving this question, but I still don't think it has any merit.

Last edited by golfhat; 06-29-2008 at 04:14 PM.

Closed Thread