It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
(female)

dundypeeps HB User
Question Weird even amoung disabled, the unexplained?!

I have two questions. I suffer heart issues (pacer since birth) which had led to Non-verbal communication disability( relatively new term in medical field). Is this a precurser to aspergers though I don't have the hand issues?

My second question is along the lines of pulmonary embolism, hyptertension, now facing angina & Catantonic mode. How is it I am in catatonic mode if I don't have schizophrenia or manic depression?

Last edited by dundypeeps; 05-07-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: not how I wanted to write this originally

Old 05-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: new type of aspergers?

If the non verbal communication was directly a result from these medical conditions , then I would say NO. Asperger's syndrome, these individuals are
Verbal. Talk to your DR, or write down your questions about the loss of language.
I beleive a catatonic mode can happen without having a mental illness as serious as the ones you listed. This could be from chemical imbalances in the brain due to medical reasons . Not necessarily mental illness,

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
dundypeeps (05-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
(male)

Mikes1992 HB User
Re: Weird even amoung disabled, the unexplained?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundypeeps View Post
I have two questions. I suffer heart issues (pacer since birth) which had led to Non-verbal communication disability( relatively new term in medical field). Is this a precurser to aspergers though I don't have the hand issues?

My second question is along the lines of pulmonary embolism, hyptertension, now facing angina & Catantonic mode. How is it I am in catatonic mode if I don't have schizophrenia or manic depression?
I read your last post (New type of aspergers). I think you could have aspergers syndrome. I really dont think any of your symptoms are odd to relate to aspergers alot of people with aspergers have diffcultys with maths and some may even be brillient at reading and writing while at the same time being useless at mathematics. During school I got a diagnosis of dyslexia because i'm an extremely slow reader but this is because unlike people who just scan over the words I look at every letter in the word to pronounce/read it.

Aspergers can also be misdiagnosed as schizophrenia or manic depression.

If you want to get a diagnosis try doing the Aspie quiz and maby print your results to show to your doctor.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-08-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikes1992 For This Useful Post:
dundypeeps (05-14-2011)
Closed Thread