It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
(female)

Guineapigs HB User
My Brother has Aspergers

My brother has Aspergers syndrome and he is finishing his first year of high school. Our dad has been a jerk and a couple times when he was angry at him he says stuff like, I might as well kill myself. I don't think he's serious as he only says it when my dad gets really ****** at him which is like once or twice a year. Anyways, the problem I think is that he's so distant from other people.
All he does is watch old black and white films with subtitles or watch sci-fi movies or draw comics. He doesn't really have any friends. He ALWAYS wears these old paper boy hats and he's a genuis and knows like every word in the dictionary. But since he only likes like two things he doesn't have much friends and knows nothing about social. Like this which happened at Boston yesterday-
D: "Hey. John what do you want to eat?" J: "Nothing, I don't want to eat asian food." "Your gonna get hungry" Me: "John, really hungry" Mom "We're gonna be walking around the city for a while" John: "I DONT WANT ANY"
5 Mins later (the restraunt is REALLY QUICK) I get my food and it three itty bitty teryaki steak bits on a stick. And john goes: "Hey that looks good can I have one" and I was like "No, I'm really hungry and I only have three. But mum and dad said you could order something else. John: NVM, I'm not hungry anymore. And then my parents start yelling at me.
UGH.
I am so fed up with my parents being protective, but I want my brother to have friends but he's so distant.
- GPS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
(female)

kalyspice HB User
Re: My Brother has Aspergers

I know how you feel, my brother also has aspergers. Hes 19 now, but when we were younger it was terribly hard. I (like you) got either blamed or talked to about my brother often. It always felt like their main concern was to make and keep him happy. If he wasnt up for time in school it was my fault, if things werent done around the house it was my fault to. My brother had a severe temper ,and when he would blow up, he wouls scream and yell and later he never remembered anything that he said in the argument. Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and keep going. Its hard, but it will get better.

Closed Thread