It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
(female)

brown75 HB User
Does this sound like Asperger

I have a 5-year-old daughter whom started K this year. She had anxiety in pre-K last year but eventually worked through it. Her Pre-K teacher said she was slow but then discovered that she was bright and then said she might be Asperger. I had never considered that there was anything wrong with my daughter. Now that she has started K - she had anxiety at first and is now okay. Her teacher says she deals with a lot of tiredness and lack of focus after being there a couple of hours. She does well at first and then slows down a bit towards the end of class. She was getting easily frustrated, but is doing better with those things as well when we let her know what is expected!

Her teacher recommended her to be evaluated by the school's speech therapist for articulation problems. Apparently she had the evaluation a while back and they have not shared the results with me...only recommended her for a Speed DIAL test by the school psychologist. They told me they would wait for the results of the speed DIAL and then get back with me. I'm frustrated that they haven't shared the results of the speech evaluation and I'm really unclear as to why she had to take the speed DIAL. I think she did well on the test, but still no results.

She is a very social girl and always has been. She sometimes is awkward in that she will tell people everything and then some even if it's a stranger. She has never known a stranger! She loves to pretend (cat, dog, horse, dragon anything she likes at the time). And she is also good at playing cars and what have you with her brother. She seems to play better with boys, but hasn't been around a lot of little girls in the recent years. She like to be very silly and make people laugh. She doesn't seem to need girl friends at 5 and just really likes to play.

She has some sensory - won't wear tights and sometimes certain socks bother her. She is picky about her clothing, but we don't make it an issue.

We are wondering if she is just to young for K this year (March birthday) so she isn't the youngest, but kinda of in the middle! Her teacher has concerns about the way she puts sentences together. The school said they are giving her evaluations to find out areas where she is weak so they can help her. I don't feel as though they are being up front with me.

She was diagnosed with sleep apnea in April of this year and after a T & A, we have seen so much improvement.

Does this should like Asperger?

Thanks for any input you can give.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

nannette81 HB User
Re: Does this sound like Asperger

My son has aspergers and there are alot of different systoms...such as being reall smart,rocking,some have speech problems..not able to sit still.talk really loud lacks alot of affection..there are alot but u really sld consult with a doctor...hopr this helped..

Closed Thread