It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mel555 HB User
Daughter's Problem

Hello,
I have a 13 year old daughter who has severe Aspergers. She is a little less mature than most 13 year olds. For some reason lately she has been expiereicing severe discomfort from gas, she gets really embarassed about telling me, and most times wont tell me. I dont know if the gas gets trapped in her belly or what but she will randomly get a look of discomfort on her face, go to her room or whereever, lay down, and try as hard as she can to "Toot". Sometimes she is able to Toot but sometimes she just lays there trying as hard as she can. At these times, her belly looks a little distended. Anyone else ever seen anything like this or know any ways to help her? I cant get an appointment with her doctor anytime in the next couple weeks, if there was some way to help her to get those toots out, she would be fine, anybody got any ideas?
Thanks,
MG

Old 12-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User
Re: Daughter's Problem

Doesn't have anything to do with Asperger's. You should give her some gas ex and see if that helps. I wouldn't suggest going to the doctor unless you tried gas relieving meds first. Also check out her diet. She may be eating foods that are naturally gassy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
(female)

sweetnik HB User
Re: Daughter's Problem

Hi there Mel

I wondered if you could tell me abit more about your daughter ? I have just joined this board and have had no replys on my thread as i think girls diagnosed with aspergers is rare. When did you get your daughter diagnosed? How did you go about it? And how is she coping at teenage age?
Im very worried about my daughter who weve always known was different and everyone describes her as quirky, but recently because she is now 10 her meltdowns at school and on family outings are showing to be not age apparent. She does not look after herself well (appearance) and i have to constantly tell her to brush hair, teeth, tidy herself up. All important when she will be going to high school in another year and they look for presentation. She is always losing things and is quite forgetfull but amazes me when she remebers historical events and other things she is interested in.
She is always on the go, always wanting to make things and unfortunetly for me this usually involves mess which she will leave and move onto the next thing.

Any advice or just a little info on your daughter would be helpfull as i just know it is so different in boys, i am attending a course next week on why so many girls get missed from diagnosis so should be interesting.

We have her first camhs appointment in 7 weeks which has taken alot of to and throwing with school to finally get a referral which eventually was done by our school nurse.

:-) thanks

Closed Thread