It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
(female)

Justmetalking HB User
Im worried that my daughter has Asperger's

I think my daughter whose 12 has Asperger's. A couple months back I had started to notice that she was starting to withdraw. She started to isolate herself from her friends and during lunch and recess she would sit at the table closest to the exit. She repeats dialogue from her favorite tv shows and movies and she has notebooks filled with the dialogue from every movie she's ever seen since she was 8. She sticks to a strict schedule that she made herself revolving around her favorite show (Criminal Minds). She becomes extremely mad and frustrated if she misses the show since to her it means that her schedule wOuld be ruined. She gets agitated if there is a mess in her room whoever small since she has everything in a place and a mess means that she has lost control of her day. It has always been a challenge for her to interact with her peers and develop friendships and she has difficulty identifying social cues like a listeners haste to leave ex: a girl says to her um it's getting late and I don't want to miss lunch and my daughter replies it was early and lunch just started so shed have 1 hour to eat. Does my daughter have some form of AS or ASD or am I overreacting?? Would greatly appreciatethe feedback...

Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
(female)

2outof3 HB User
Re: Im worried that my daughter has Asperger's

Hi, I'm not a professional so please don't just take what I say as definite. I've been looking into aspergers for a while as my 11 year old has been showing signs of some aspergers traits for a while. I would say do what I did and make a list of everything that concerns you and take it to your dr. And tell him your concerns and ask for a referral.
From what you have said and what I have read about it, it sounds to me like she may be on the spectrum. The national autistic society has a really useful website full of information and symptoms etc. might be worth a look.
Hope this helps, good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
(female)

2outof3 HB User
Re: Im worried that my daughter has Asperger's

Hi, I'm not a professional so please don't just take what I say as definite. I've been looking into aspergers for a while as my 11 year old has been showing signs of some aspergers traits for a while. I would say do what I did and make a list of everything that concerns you and take it to your dr. And tell him your concerns and ask for a referral.
From what you have said and what I have read about it, it sounds to me like she may be on the spectrum. The national autistic society has a really useful website full of information and symptoms etc. might be worth a look.
Hope this helps, good luck.

Reply Reply

Tags
asd, asperger's, daughter, overreacting