It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

Aspie Mom HB User
Question AS and medications

Just looking for others experiences with medicating their Asperbergers child/teen.

I have a 12 year old son who has been medicated since he was very,very young.

I don't beleive that he would be as functional as he is without the additional help.

He takes Abilify and Zoloft. Just weaned off Risperdal after a few years of being on that as well.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
(male)

Ejm3412 HB User
Re: AS and medications

Hey,Aspie Mom

I have a 9 year old nephew with Aspergers.. He has issues with both being inattentive and hyperactivity at home and in school. Over the years, he has been prone to having meltdowns. He has been prescribed both Ritalin and Dexadrine for the past year. Over the last three months, he is doing better in school, no outbursts or meltdowns, and is getting along better with adults and kids his own age.. What kind of experiences are you having with your child?

Last edited by Ejm3412; 09-11-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
(female)

mery HB User

My 8 year old has these issues too. We tried him on Vyvanse but it caused his Tics to become severe. He is now on intuniv which has helped a lot with his impulsiveness. Before the intuniv he was always getting bad notes sent Home. So far this year he has only got positive comments and no bad notes. It's a huge accomplishment for him/us! As of today he has been diagnosed with ADHD/ODD/PDD. We are working on getting a more specific diagnosis for the PDD.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
(female)

Aspie Mom HB User

My son stopped the Risperdal a few months ago and his OCD, persistance and frustration have all increased. Wondering if I made a mitake.

He still takes Abilify and Zoloft but maybe it's not enough.

Reply Reply