It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
(female)

MommyRose4 HB User
Red face Could my daughter have asperger's syndrome, if so how do I get her tested?????

Hello everyone I have a 6 year old daughter who has major melt downs over the smallest things. She just got diagnosed with ADHD, ODD, and an anxiety disorder. I think personally she might have Asperger's syndrome though because even though she has a few friends she has a really hard time keeping them, she gets really bossy with her and their toys she gets really jealous at the smallest things an example is we were at our local Wal-Mart the other day which has a subway in there that we have been to a few times and she saw her friend there and she waved hi to her happily and my Lee-Lee said look mom she is teasing me because she is getting a sub and started crying and these are things that don't phase her little brother who is 3 years old. She has a really hard throwing even ripped papers or broken toys away she wants to keep it and if I throw them away when she's not looking or make her throw them away she has a long drawn out tantrum. I live in south eastern ma and don't know where or even if I should have her tested for asperger's syndrome any help would be great. I have had her in therapy since she was 3 years old and have tried every type of behavior modification and nothing seems to help. She is a very smart fun loving creative little girl but I at my wits with her her new thing when she is having melt downs is saying I wish I was dead or I'll just kill myself one day because nobody loves me the latest was her brother was coloring a page in his own coloring book and it accidentally ripped and he tore the page out to throw away and she got up from the couch screamed in his face and slapped him I immediately told her to go to her room and on the way up to her room she said well I guess no one loves me maybe I should just die and then you will be happy. Then when she came back down she immediately looked in the trash for that same paper and this kept going on until I ended up tieng up the bag and putting it outside while she was in her room and putting a new trash bag in I have to do things like this all the time. Please if someone out there has been through the same thing please please give me some help of where I can turn to. I am also worried about how she says she wishes she would die should I seek more therapy help or would I be overreacting???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply