It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

samantha2424 HB User
I'm lost

I was diagnosed with aspergers a few months ago but I've known I've had it for a while since reading about it in a magazine my I'm 26 years old now my parents could have done for me they just used to say I was an evil child and my Dad would hit me I ran away from home as soon as it was legal on my 16th Bithday I was let down by everyone because I didn't know what was wrong with me I didn't know I trusted people to easily because of the aspergers I just let people use me I ended up being a prostitute at 17 and taking drugs I was so unhappy always trying to please people and make people love me but they never did I tried to kill myself when I was 19 it didn't work I took so many drugs I'm lucky to be alive 4 years ago I got my dog and I love her so much and she loves me having her has saved my life I stopped taking drugs because I had to be alive to look after her and I have to keep myself healthy and happy so I can look after her well I did put on a lot of weight but I've lost it now by going swimming I've become obsessed with swimming though and it's really getting me down as I feel like I have to go swimming but everytime I go I get so anxious and there's always loads of people there that get in my way it's really getting me down then I think whats the point in even keeping my weight down anyway I love food and theres no point being slim it's not like I have anyone to go out with even though I have come a long way and I'm happier than I've ever been with my dog I still worry about things and let things get on top of me I wish I didn't have aspergers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
(male)

stingafurt HB User
Smile Re: I'm lost

Hi. I have aspergers too. The first thing i'd say is be thankful for your dog, and be sure to always have one. I was diagnosed just last March, so I'm no expert, but I'd say find a social group, a Toastmaster's group, a church, someplace where they actually seem to care. Lots of places don't really care. If swimming keeps you slim then myself i would not drop it, because being heavy has so many health problems. Consider yourself hugged.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
(female)

AFriend07 HB User
Re: I'm lost

Hey I've been there. I have tried multiple times to end my life. I'm glad I never. I've known I've had aspergers for 6 years, when I was 14. I've taught myself to build some walls but not too high(mentally) it's funny, I find a lot of people with aspergers are like me. They quite often love animals and they Trust too much. Believe me, don't worry about swimming. If there's a nearby Farm, ask if you can do some voluntary looking after animals. I did it and thanks to it I've managed to get through school. I've never had full determination with things. I've dropped out of college three times and I realised I'm just struggling. Get yourself a pen pal too! Tell your problems to someone who will sympathise but not be involved. It becomes much easier I promise! X

Old 05-07-2014, 02:43 AM   #4
(female)

JaneSJ HB User
Re: I'm lost

Hi guys, I have never spoken to any adults with Asperger's before. I'm sorry that you have all had low points and struggles. I don't have Asperger's but have certainly had periods in my life like some of the ones explained. I am currently trying to understand my 8 year old son, one thing that really really upsets him is when he feels he can't give his side of a story or put his point across. He then becomes so upset he can't say anything. He also often starts conversations at mid way points and no one knows what he's taking about which makes him quite angry and he accuses us of not listening to him. I am hoping that some if you can try and explain to me how it feels for him and the best way to reassure him that we are listening and get him to calm down. I know a lot of it is frustration. Do you guys still feel like that now? What are your coping mechanisms?

Jane x

Reply Reply