It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
(male)

OpticalH HB User
Aspergers Obsession

I have Asperger's Syndrome and I looked at websites about this form of autism and one thing is that I have been obsessed with Batman it sounds really weird and it is to the point where I start to make up my own stories and mimic them and act out the stories can somebody please elaborate on how I can deal with this

Old 07-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
(female)

hikingthetrail3 HB User
Re: Aspergers Obsession

I think you should embrace it and just have fun with it. Watch Batman shows, maybe be Batman for Halloween. Watch vintage Batman episodes.

Or else, maybe try to find another interest. Find a show that you like and get into that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2014, 11:26 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

egna HB User

You can also divert your attention when you feel that you are in your way to obsession. Take time to know all your interests and distribute your attention to any to avoid obsession.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:41 PM   #4
(male)

Jake724 HB User

Hi my son has Asperger's syndrome as well as many other secondary conditions related to this such as OCD, anxiety disorder, etc. Having compulsions and focusing on certain things programs interests etc is certainly normal for an aspiie sufferer and just one of the many symptoms and characteristics that make u unique and special, my advice would be if you are enjoying batman and it isn't a problem for you then go with it and enjoy. You are not hurting anyone. If however you are finding it a problem or it is interfering with your daily life then a councillor (trained in autism ) could help. CBT is a good thing to learn it hels to train your brain into certain coping mechanisms and this could help you deal with your problem. If not you enjoy it so enjoy it Hun.

Reply Reply