It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asperger's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

JordanTheGreat HB User
Unhappy My twin brother has asperger's syndrome and i don't.

My twin brother has had aspergers syndrome for most of his life, and me being his twin sister does not. We are now going into the 10th grade, and im trying to research the syndrome and try too understand it more in order to help my brother. Seeing him get picked on and bullied for the last 10 school years has really affected the both of us. HE was nown as the "Crazy kid" and I was known as the "Crazy kids sister" My brother doesnt have any friends so when he meets somebody that can come close to being a friend, he becomes attached.

He is super polite to people; teachers, strangers.. it doesnt matter, butwhen he gets mad or upset he is a completely different person.
He is a very distant person from his family, he stays in his room everyday and only comes out to eat or use the restroom. I believe video games are the only thing in this world that makeshim feel normal.

I have tried to hang out with him, but because he only likes to talk about video games, things got really boring.

it is really difficult to understand him, and it seems really difficult or him to understand me, so we both just get frustrated and end up not talking.

is there a book i can read, or website i can go to, to try and help me understand him and his condition better?

is it my fault he is so distant?

can anybody help and give me any kind of advice?

Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
(female)

dkw46 HB Userdkw46 HB User
Re: My twin brother has asperger's syndrome and i don't.

Hi Jordan,

Let me just say, you sound like a very brave and kind sister. My 14 yr old son also has aspergers. Your brother and my son could be twins. They sound so much alike. My son was also bullied. It was so bad and it made him so upset, that I had to remove him from school and home school. I have a daughter who is 17 and used to really get angry and argue with my son. At 15 she decided to go live with her dad. Now she is back with me. The time they were apart was really good for them. My daughter realized that my son didn't act the way he did because he was mean, he is just wired different. She learned his triggers for outburst and avoided them. She also learned to enjoy his difference and enjoy it. They still argue some but, now she realizes she must live her life and he his. Life is good and it will all work out. I wish you and your brother the best. Your doing every you need to for your brother. Just keep on caring and lovin'.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
(female)

EveHallows HB User
Re: My twin brother has asperger's syndrome and i don't.

If you meet one aspie, you've only met one aspie"

They're all different

Last edited by Administrator; 08-07-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Reply Reply