It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2003, 06:02 AM   #1

Asenath HB User
Dizziness & Lightheadedness

Since being diagnosed with Asthma, I've been feeling really weird for about 3 weeks.

I have a kind of lightheadedness, or very mild dizziness, that is persistent. If I move my head quickly, or get out of bed, that's when I really feel it. It's been with me for about 3 weeks now solid. It started right after I had my first asthmatic episode.

Has anyone else had symptoms like this?

Old 12-26-2003, 03:01 PM   #2

SilkenKidden HB User
Re: Dizziness & Lightheadedness

It could be "Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo" and it could be very indirectly related to the asthma. I've had it. You literally have rocks in your head Debris builds up in the inner ear when you have a sinus infection that ends up blocking the canal.

You should see your doctor. There are a set of exercises I had to do. No kidding. The exercises knock the debris out of your inner ear. I did finally get rid of it.

It can be related to your asthma. Sinus problems and asthma seem to be related and sinusitis causes the inner ear problem.

Perhaps some day doctors will find that there is a deeper relationship to all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asenath
Since being diagnosed with Asthma, I've been feeling really weird for about 3 weeks.

I have a kind of lightheadedness, or very mild dizziness, that is persistent. If I move my head quickly, or get out of bed, that's when I really feel it. It's been with me for about 3 weeks now solid. It started right after I had my first asthmatic episode.

Has anyone else had symptoms like this?

Last edited by SilkenKidden; 12-26-2003 at 03:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2003, 12:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

Another thing it could be is low blood pressure on quick position changes -- called orthostatic hypotension.

Make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids, as this can be caused by dehydration.

Old 12-27-2003, 05:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User

How strange...I've been getting this for about the last month, I've had asthma for about 18 months now and have been solely on Advair 100 once a day. I've never had this problem before but I feel it when I lift weights, one exercise in particular, but never on the treadmill. Isn't that strange? I can walk for two hours on that thing and feel fine, but lift my 5 pound weights and I start to feel slightly light-headed. I thought at first I wasn't breathing correctly, but I've been lifting these things for several years now with no problems. Husband thought it was my low blood pressure - it's been low all my life but never caused me a problem, so I didn't think that was it, either. Still baffled by it but otherwise, I feel wonderful. Very strange.

Old 12-27-2003, 11:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

Well, just make sure to exhale when pushing, and hopefully you won't valsalva maneuver yourself to death.

Old 12-29-2003, 06:32 AM   #6

Asenath HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkenKidden
It could be "Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo" and it could be very indirectly related to the asthma. I've had it. You literally have rocks in your head Debris builds up in the inner ear when you have a sinus infection that ends up blocking the canal.

You should see your doctor. There are a set of exercises I had to do. No kidding. The exercises knock the debris out of your inner ear. I did finally get rid of it.

It can be related to your asthma. Sinus problems and asthma seem to be related and sinusitis causes the inner ear problem.

Perhaps some day doctors will find that there is a deeper relationship to all this.
I had some mild dizziness before going on the Advair, but it has persisted (I've been on Advair for a week). It is the feeling of descending in an airplane -a kind of "pressure" behind the eyes and in the ears. It seems like I can't focus when I look at something a few feet away. It's worse in the morning. Does this sound like what you were having problems with?

Does Advair also cause dizziness?

Closed Thread