It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2001, 06:30 AM   #1

rikeqwert HB User
Post Can eating raw garlic trigger asthma?

After eating some raw garlic on toast, I suddenly had a difficult time to breathe. Thinking back, I remember that when I had a bad cold, I ate a lot of raw garlic and was also having severe asthma problems. At the time, I thought it was due to the Yellow Dust from China. (I live in Korea.) Now, I suspect that garlic may have played a role. Has anyone every heard of this or experienced this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2001, 07:04 AM   #2

kdoubleu HB User
I find that onions and garlic give me bad digestive trouble. Also some of my allergy symptoms and asthma get worse when I eat them. I've been tested for food allergies, but those were not on the list I was tested for. I just assume I am allergic because of how my body reacts to them and I avoid them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2001, 03:43 PM   #3

rosilita2 HB User
i have had that reaction after eating certain chinesse foods.

Old 05-10-2001, 09:37 AM   #4

rikeqwert HB User
Good to know that it's not all in my head. (hopefully) I've gone back to garlic powder used sparingly....no problems then. I suppose I should take this opportunity to apologize to China for cursing that yellow dust it sent to Korea since that may not be what put me in such a terrible condition last month. *grin*

Sorry China!

Closed Thread