I have a dry cough, no acid reflux, just a dry cough that occurs during the day, never at night and sporatic during the day. Worse when I talk. Talking seems to set up the cough, which then creates this flip-flop sensation in my chest. I have tried Qvar for one month..no help (40 mgs). I have had MaxAir..a steriod inhaler, getting ready to try Clartin, which I think is wierd, as I have no watery eyes, nose, hay fever...but these doctors want to try everying but..1st. Any suggestions out there? I am sick of coughing and want to start talking (my husband disagrees)..
[This message has been edited by cweasea (edited 03-08-2002).]
Maybe its the chlorine in the tap water or if you swim in a chlorinated pool or jacuzzi. It was for us and for a professor in Mississippi...read on...
Read this article and you may have relief from all your "allergy" symptoms.
A professor from Mississippi (Readers Digest "May" issue) had years ago been given a skin ***** allergy test that was positive. She suffered for years with what she thought were allergies. Medications rarely worked.
She had classic signs of allergy; runny nose, watery eyes, coughing and sneezing.
Finally in 1997 she went in for a blood test and it showed she had NO allergies.
After some investigation into her daily habits discovered the daily swimming in chlorine pools was what was ailing her. What took away the allergy like symptoms was simply saline spray.
She was relieved, but frustrated. She had spent ten years and untold amounts of money on drugs that didn't help her-all for a condition she didnt have. She said "I wonder how many people are in the same boat."
On the same note my children also suffered from chlorine in tap form by drinking it. Eight years ago they suffered severe coughing for ten months. Their pediatricians thought they were developing asthma. I investigated and found out our water company had started putting chlorine into the water system at the same time the kids came down with their coughs. Bottled water was all that was needed to end the coughs not tons of drugs, hours in the doctors office along with hundreds of dollars.
After starting bottled water in their juices etc. or buying it all ready for drinking our very small for a 3 year old was 90% cured, our very large for a 6 year old was 100% cured. Eight years later we have to watch out for chlorine other places like school , grand parents and friends homes etc.
100 % cure came for our 3 year old came when we moved to a bran new home that has it's own well water with of course chlorine free water.
Keep in mind they were coughing for 10 months. The 3 year old severe coughing. So much it tooks hours every night for her to fall asleep. Her doctors thought she was developing asthma and were treating her with antibiotic and asthma drugs many times over during the ten month ordeal. Funny huh... all they needed was chlorine free water... what a lot of wasted drugs, money, time and agony for my children.
Look it up in library medical books. I found a book describing how chlorine effects humans in test results. and the symptoms were the same as what my children experienced. Good grief, why did my kids have to suffer so long! Why couldn't the doctors figure it out! Why did I have to figure it out on my own! My children must be extra sensitive to chlorine. Surely they can't be the only ones with this sensitivity.
Just think how sick they would of been had they been infants drinking formula with chlorine water in it. Or plain water with chlorine in a bottle. They would of been in the hospital or worse.
How may other could be out there right now suffering.
Get the news out please. Maybe our suffering can help others stop the suffering.
[This message has been edited by HAAR (edited 05-22-2002).]