It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #1
(female)

dolphins HB User
Cough in morning?

Hi.
I have a question - the last 5-6 days have been waking up with this really moist cough/cough up mucous, I check my peak flow and it's around the 320/330 which I'm pretty much use to now, use to do nebs at that stage but now manage fine with just 1 or 2 puffs of ventolin - my best pf btw is 510 -

Anyways, I'm use to the morning asthma, have always had a pretty icky cough/sob in the mornings - though in the past the cough has been a really deep hacky kinda' cough/plus felt 'chesty' even though my lungs/chest were not rattly. Now I wake up with a rather moist cough/coughing up musouc. It seems so trivial,but I'm confused this has never happened before, and certainly while I have not been sick - which I'm not.
~Thanks, dolphins

Old 06-19-2004, 08:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jerrie97 HB User
Re: Cough in morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphins
Hi.
I have a question - the last 5-6 days have been waking up with this really moist cough/cough up mucous, I check my peak flow and it's around the 320/330 which I'm pretty much use to now, use to do nebs at that stage but now manage fine with just 1 or 2 puffs of ventolin - my best pf btw is 510 -

Anyways, I'm use to the morning asthma, have always had a pretty icky cough/sob in the mornings - though in the past the cough has been a really deep hacky kinda' cough/plus felt 'chesty' even though my lungs/chest were not rattly. Now I wake up with a rather moist cough/coughing up musouc. It seems so trivial,but I'm confused this has never happened before, and certainly while I have not been sick - which I'm not.
~Thanks, dolphins
I think it has to do with humidity and/or allergies. I used to get that before I developed chronic allergic bronchitis, now I always have a productive cough. The cough is kind of spastic, right? Mine always got a little better when I sat up. The same cough came at night either a few minutes after lying down or a rude awakening at 2-4 in the morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User
Re: Cough in morning?

I used to always have that morning cough where I would cough up mucus for about 15 minutes or so. My husband said it sounded like I had smoked for years. Anyway, mine went away when I started Advair. The only time it has come back is when I'm sick, like when I had a sinus infection back in April. My allergy doc said I should not have that cough, it either means my allergies are not under control and I should increase my nasal sprays or increase my Advair. It just means you have increased mucus production either caused by asthmatic lungs or increased phlem that drains down the throat. Usually when I get sick (a cold or virus or something) I always get that cough afterwards and it lasts awhile, but not as long as it used to since I started my Advair. Thanks goodness for Advair!!!

Closed Thread