It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #1

-T- HB User
Silly question

Hey guys,

This is a silly question and I dont exactly want to ask my doctor about it as its seems hardly important to require that so I thought I'd ask it here.

Im asthmatic, have been for over 8 years and I can have mild to pretty severe asthma and am known to have bronchitis attacks without any warning signs.

I was just wondering does anyone else have an asthma attack or become pretty tight chested when they stretch their arms above their head while your yawning? And does anyone have a bad wheezing attack/asthma attack when you've been laughing? Is this normal?

Well thats my question(s).
Thanks in advance

Old 10-03-2004, 05:55 PM   #2

cupcake118 HB User
re: Silly question

Hi T, as for your first question I have never tried to yawn with my arms above my head..that said it does take me at least 2 breaths to get out a full yawn. A for your second question, laughter is a huge trigger of mine and I actually think that in combination with my sinus infection right now is what's cuasing this massive flair I have right now. Just laughing a bunch has also landed me in my pulmos office with an urgent apt and when she asked what cuased the flair I said laughing at my friend. There is no such thing as a silly question so don't be affraid to ask either here or at your docs office. My philosophy about asking questions that don't seem important enough to ask your doc is, if you have the question ask it, it doesn't matter how silly it may seem to the dr you want to know and as a paitent you have the right to know, and if your dr is not willing to put up with the seemingly less important questions then maybe it's time ot find another dr. wow that was longer than I expected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 04:24 PM   #3

-T- HB User

Yup, I think your right. Thanks for replying. I did think it was kind of a silly question and I was curious so I thought I would post on here since people are very forthcoming and friendly. Thank you again and hope you get well soon!

Old 10-05-2004, 09:30 AM   #4

cupcake118 HB User

Thanks T, I'm actually seeing my pulmo today..and I think she's going to be less than happy with me, I'm on the edge of admission and my doc's leaving for a month after today, should make for an interesting month.

Old 10-06-2004, 09:46 AM   #5

-T- HB User

Aw you poor thing. I hope they can give you something to help you. Good luck!

Closed Thread