It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2004, 10:15 AM   #1

mrmornin HB User
the doc said

So, my girlfriend, sorry, fiancee now, is not 100% better, but seems to be very much on the right track, especially with her asthma. The doc said her lungs sound great. She hasn't had an attack that sent her to the hospital in two and a half months, and she hasn't had an attack at all for over a month. (knock wood). In fact, the doctor said that if the winter weren't coming up, she'd lower the Advair dosage. Today, the doc mentioned that the longer she goes without an attack, the stronger her lungs get and that they actually heal, the inflammation goes down is what she seemed to mean. She didn't say that the asthma would be gone per se, and we'd still have to be mindful, but that for all intents and purposes, it would be gone. Right down to us being able to hang out in a smoky bar if we wanted to. Granted, she didn't make it sound like this would happen anytime soon, but she did say that she thought it was a reasonable thing to expect. Does this sound right to you guys?

Old 10-18-2004, 04:26 PM   #2
Veteran

reader1 HB User
Re: the doc said

Has your fiancee has a lot of attacks before the episode(s) a couple of months ago? If not, it is very possible that your fiancee may not have much more trouble with asthma. However, it is very important to keep in mind that
1. everyone is different
2. asthma can be fatal if not treated appropriately and if asthmatics do not take care to avoid their triggers. I mention this second one particularly because asthma morbidity has actually been on the rise, despite the fact that it is very much preventable.

Good luck to both of you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread