It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 06:33 PM   #1

corkycat27 HB User
Question Question about Ventolin

Hi everyone. This question is aimed more at people in the UK, but info/views from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

A few years ago Ventolin changed from cfc inhalers to cfc free inhalers. Since then I personally don't think they work as well as the old ones did and have found since then that I use more Ventolin than I used to (this happened overnight - not over a period of time).

Not only that, I normally get Ventolin inhalers and went to get a new one on Friday. My doc had changed my prescription without consulting me to one of the cheaper ones (I've tried them before and the propellant in some of them are powder based and I end up losing my voice to the extent that I can't speak properly). When I kicked up a fuss about it, I was told I'd been removed from my doctor's list so now I'm in a position of no longer having a doctor and no longer able to get a prescription for ANY type of inhaler. A very dangerous position to have been put in

We have the NHS in this country and if you get removed from one doctor's list, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to get another doctor.

Anyway, I'm going to be writing to the GMC (General Medical Council) which controls doctors in this country as a matter of urgency but wanted to know what other people think of Ventolin (Salbutamol) and the "cheaper" alternatives.

Also, does anyone know if Ventolin can be imported, say from America into the UK legally?

Thanks folks.

Fiona

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2005, 07:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User
Re: Question about Ventolin

I personally don't like ventolin. It makes me very ill and I only use it if I absolutely have to (like if my other rescue inhaler isn't working).

Was there any explanation as to why you were removed from your doctor's list? That sounds extremely unethical to me, especially considering the fact that you have a life threatening illness.

Closed Thread