It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2004, 02:41 PM   #1
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User
Metholine Challenge

I went to the pulmonary doctor again today and she wants me to do the metholine challenge. Will they tell me to stop taking my medicine before doing it? Should i ask my mom to ask them or do they tell us? Did that make sense. I am taking zyrtec, Rhinocort or nasonex, and I just started the turbohaler today.

One more question.....the doctor took the little information packet out of the box and forgot to put it back in with the turbohaler. I have been looking on the internet but all of them say this is not all of the information....see this packet that came with your medicine for more information. Should I have my mom call back and get them?

Last edited by artbuggy3; 11-05-2004 at 02:54 PM.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
Re: Metholine Challenge

To do a methacholine challenge, sometimes they ask you to stop taking your bronchodilators. If you are not sure whether you should be or not, it's a good idea to clarify this with the pulmonary doctor.

There are also different kinds of turbuhalers, and not all of them contain the same thing. It's important to know what kind you have, and then you can usually just do a search on google for them. Turbuhalers are made by a company called AstraZeneca. A search on google for me turned up some information from something called Drugs : The Drug Information Guide and was very helpful.

It is probably not necessary to go to the Doctor's to get the leaflet back, most pharmacies are good about handing out pre-printed drug information or explaining some of the other effects of the medications to you, so if the search on the internet is not helpful for you, a next bet would be a pharmacist, since you won't have to make an appointment, and can just walk in and start asking questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread