It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 02:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Winter

Last winter, I was misserable...stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing...and constant coughing/short of breath. This winter is seems a little better, although I'm still feeling pretty yucky, and winter hasn't really even kicked in here yet--not like we get much snow or anyhting in Oregon, but a lot of rain, and some cold days--leaves me feel pretty yucky. Especially when peopel crank the heat way up.

Besides my Albuterol and Claritin, and some Sudafed every now and then...do you guys have any natural ways to deal with winter? I seem to feel worse of all year then, I'd say. Although, this years been kinda bad all year. :P Oh well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blondy2061h HB User
Re: Winter

My mom swears by Euchenacia (or however you spell it). Vitamins and getting enough sleep also help. I am definately worse in the winter too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2004, 11:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

I'm trying to figure out why I'm worse in the winter. I mean, now for example, I'm short of breath, and all I did was Christmas shopping...lol. Any ideas? Thanks for the input...what vitamins?

Old 12-20-2004, 12:48 AM   #4
Veteran

Blondee15 HB User

controlled in the winter for me means high dose inhaled steroids, singulair, on & off prednisone, codeine for cough & benadryl at nite(in addition to daily clarinex) to stop that darn itching & post nasal drip at nite(cough), also advil during if I get pleurisy. I think that's all of it. well I find the winter is usually by far the worst time for me & I can't shake off coughing & infections. As far as fighting your shortness of breath time to time, I really like having a nebulizer at home, it really saves us a lot of ER trips & I hate taking albuterol over & over & over & over again... one treatment i'm good for at least an hour. well I don't know about herbal stuff but those thing sI mentioned all help, I haven't found any natural ways to stop a cough, or any of that actually. good luck let me know if oyu find any lol.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

I coughed all winter last winter...but it hasn't kicked in yet...I'm trying to figure out if I'm just not gonna cough and just be short of breath, or if it's just waiting to come out. :P

Closed Thread