It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 07:58 AM   #1
(female)

Shelby_36 HB User
Can you help before going back to the dr today?

I posted earlier about my dughter. She has asthma (We've been told this by my family dr. -she has the problems breathing occasionally but only once what I would call an asthma attack) She had her 3rd and 4th pneumonia infections during the month of December (she is 4 years old)
Now she has a BAD cough, running nose, matted eyes. (no fever) I am taking her back to the dr today. I'm not sure if it is pneumonia again and I don't know what she can do anyway...she finished day 37 of antibiotics 3 days ago.

I just feel like we are caught in a revolving door.

I guess the dr can put her back on antibiotics..but she is already on singular, albuteral, and pulmicort. Is there an end to this?

This is the first winter it has been this bad. She had the other 2 pnuemonia episodes at age 2. My husband seems to think it will get worse when the spring pollen gets going. WHat are we going to do? Any ideas, helo, suggestions, before I go? I've been avoiding allergists because I think she is too young for the testing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 08:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jerrie97 HB User
Re: Can you help before going back to the dr today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby_36
I posted earlier about my dughter. She has asthma (We've been told this by my family dr. -she has the problems breathing occasionally but only once what I would call an asthma attack) She had her 3rd and 4th pneumonia infections during the month of December (she is 4 years old)
Now she has a BAD cough, running nose, matted eyes. (no fever) I am taking her back to the dr today. I'm not sure if it is pneumonia again and I don't know what she can do anyway...she finished day 37 of antibiotics 3 days ago.

I just feel like we are caught in a revolving door.

I guess the dr can put her back on antibiotics..but she is already on singular, albuteral, and pulmicort. Is there an end to this?

This is the first winter it has been this bad. She had the other 2 pnuemonia episodes at age 2. My husband seems to think it will get worse when the spring pollen gets going. WHat are we going to do? Any ideas, helo, suggestions, before I go? I've been avoiding allergists because I think she is too young for the testing.
Yikes, sorry to hear she isn't doing too well.

Today, ask the doctor about the possibility of getting a referral to an allergist, and in the meantime, putting your daughter on something like Zyrtec.

If in fact it is an infection, maybe a hospital stay with IV antibiotics may help.

What strength of Pulmicort is she on? Is she on the respules? If she's on the lower dose of it, maybe she can be upped to .5mg twice a day.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I hope everything goes well. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 10:54 AM   #3

Gal4Dale88USP HB User

Wow,,,sure hope she is doing better,,,keep us posted??
Sorry I'm not much help,,,still new to this Asthma stuff myself,,,just wanted
you to know I care!

Old 12-29-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
(female)

Shelby_36 HB User

Well, good news...not in the chest yet.... some light wheezing, fluid in the ears, a hearty cough, green runny nose. So we are still on the singular. Pulmicort- 1 respule(.25) aday. Albuteral neb. several times a day as needed. Prednisone 2x day-5 days, biaxin 2x day-10 days.

Old 12-30-2004, 04:05 PM   #5

Gal4Dale88USP HB User

Glad you caught it before it got deep into the chest,,whew!
Sure hope she is feeling better!!
~~Lorrie

Closed Thread