It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

blondy2061h HB User
Allergist

I saw the allergist for the first time today. My breathing tests were good, but she upped my asthma med dose anyway. She said that my asthma had probably been so bad because my reflux has been bad. It turns out I'm allergic to living on the planet earth, but only mildly. I'm allergic to dust, dust mites, grass, trees, ragweed, and dogs. She also upped my Advair to 250/50.

Old 12-31-2004, 07:41 AM   #2

Gal4Dale88USP HB User
Re: Allergist

Blondy
I know what you mean. My doc said I should be tested for allergies,,,I told him I don't have them but would to make him happy. Well,,,before they even took the little needle out that little sucker was itching,,,knew I was in trouble. Ended up I'm allergic to everything but cats,,,don't even like them! LOL
I started allergy shots,,,I'm on my third bottles,,,figure I'd try everything in my power to fight the flares,,,we shall see.
Happy New Year!
~~Lorrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

JaggedBlossom HB User

that brings back memories

i haven't had allergy tests since 1988...3rd grade

that was back when they did 60 shots in each arm AND 50 scratches on the back...it was pure hell

the paper shirt was all bloody...and now, when i try and donate blood, my blood pressure shoots up...b/c even though im not consciously afraid...needles freak me out physiologically

i was allergic to EVERYTHING they tested me for...on a scale of 5...everything was a 4 or a 5...lettuce was a 4...cow dander was a 5...

i wonder how much of that contributes to why my body is falling apart today

good luck w/your stuff

Old 01-04-2005, 04:23 PM   #4

Gal4Dale88USP HB User

Yowie that sounds like a terrible test! To think I was worried about getting
the little picks on my back!

Old 01-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Geez...you guys got me scared now...I'm going to the allergist for the first time on Monday...what should I expect?

Old 01-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
(female)

JaggedBlossom HB User

no, don't worry...my tests were forever ago

now, it's just the back scratches...and they aren't painful

honestly, i don't remember that part as being the LEAST painful...it tickled...and the solutions were cold

good luck

Old 01-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

Hmmm...so do they just kinda pick stuff and scratch you with it? How do they decide? How long's it take?

Old 04-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #8
(female)

tlu5573 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggedBlossom
that brings back memories

i haven't had allergy tests since 1988...3rd grade

that was back when they did 60 shots in each arm AND 50 scratches on the back...it was pure hell

the paper shirt was all bloody...and now, when i try and donate blood, my blood pressure shoots up...b/c even though im not consciously afraid...needles freak me out physiologically

i was allergic to EVERYTHING they tested me for...on a scale of 5...everything was a 4 or a 5...lettuce was a 4...cow dander was a 5...

i wonder how much of that contributes to why my body is falling apart today

good luck w/your stuff
I was wondering when your were tested to cow dander, did you find that you were allergic to other things in that area that weren't able to be tested, such as donkeys. I know that deer dander is closely related. My son was just tested recently and I am looking to see if there is other things that he could be allergic to.. there is no testing for donkey other then exposing him to it..

Old 04-12-2005, 02:14 PM   #9
(female)

tlu5573 HB User

my children were ***** tested, on thier arms. they didn't cry at all. if you ever had your finger tested for sugar test it is like that.. but there is not hardly any blood at all.

Old 04-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

blondy2061h HB User

You guys are right, it didn't hurt at all. It turns out I'm allergic to dogs, pollen, trees, ragweed, and grass. What did hurt was when they injected the things I was most allergic too into my skin on my arm, but that still wasn't bad. I laughed during the skin test part.

Closed Thread