It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
(female)

MissAmethyst2U HB User
ARGG!!! This COUGH!!!

ok, I am seriously going to go CRAZY!!! NOTHING seems to help this cough. The docs dont seemed too concerned and just think its asthma related and blah blah blah. I cough sooooo hard and soooo much. (I can go for a week or two without it but once it starts it usually takes a week to go away) I cough til I get sooo dizzy and lightheaded and feel like I am gonna pass out and it takes the wind right outta me, and I feel like I will throw up even have before and I as gross as it is will pee on myself. (Didnt start this til after a catheter I had in the ER about a yr ago) I wake everyone up in my house. My parents cant stand me in the same room when I am having a bad day of coughing and my bf is going nuts too. Not to mention I am sooooo sore my chest hurts and I lose my voice and everything. Its really bad I would think there is SOMETHING they can give me. I have tried a lot of things and nothing works. I take Advair, Singulair, Zyrtec, Protonix(thats for GERD) and have the albuterol inhaler as needed or for really really bad days Albuterol in my neb...I go back to my pulm on the 19th...PLEASE suggest anything you think would help....

Old 01-05-2005, 11:41 AM   #2

Gal4Dale88USP HB User
Re: ARGG!!! This COUGH!!!

OH man you poor thing,,,you sound so miserable. I don't understand why you doc isn't giving you something more for your cough,,,I'm not sure what it could be,,,but geeez you'd think you could get something for it. I'd call again and tell them to pass the word to the doc that you need SOMETHING to stop this cough.
I sure hope you can get some relief real real soon.
~~Lorrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #3
(female)

MissAmethyst2U HB User
Re: ARGG!!! This COUGH!!!

Yeah, the docs both my pcp and pulm have given me stuff nothing seems to help. I do think I have a little trial thing of Lortuss DM but havnt taken it yet, but even then if it works that is the one drug not covered by my insurance which I am sure that would be the one to work...
Yes, I have had a LOT of stressful stuff happen to me specially just before I was diagnosed, but I can also remember having symtoms of asthma when I was younger. I lost a baby about 6 months before I was diagnosed. It was devastating to me and since then I have lost another Not to mention since I was about 12 yrs old (I am 22 now) I have suffered with SEVERE Panic and Anxiety attacks. These are a little more under control now and I don't even take meds for it anymore really. I do have Ativan if needed though.
Like right now, its almost 2am and I am up cause of this cough. As far as the low cortisol I saw the other post regarding this. I just hate asking the doc to test me for everything. So many things have the same symtoms and I have been through so much testing. I do know that even after losing two babies I have never had any kind of hormone testing (Which I thought I should have had lots of) except I did have my thyroid checked which they said came back normal. I have alot of symtoms of things like, low body temp, low blood sugar, I stay tired, I cant get enough sleep but yet docs dont seemed concerned about any of this. Everyone says I am healthy for the most part...Grrr why cant life be easier sometimes...

Closed Thread