It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 05:18 AM   #1
(male)

cougher HB User
mucomyst work?

I have recurrent bouts of acute bronchitis with horrible asthma. Anyone have any experience with mucomyst to treat mucous that does not come up with guafenisin or hydration? I cough constantly, use appropriate inhalers, drink fluids but the coughing is starting to give me chest pain and does not seem very productive at this point.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 09:58 AM   #2
(female)

MissAmethyst2U HB User
Re: mucomyst work?

I am having almost the same thing! My cough is sooooo bad its like I feel like I need to cough up that mucous but cant. I will cough til I almost pass out or something. It literally wears me out. I posted something about this last night. I sure hope we both get the answers we need to stop this insane cough!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #3

Gal4Dale88USP HB User

Cougher
Sure wish I could help ya out,,,I'd say call your doctor and tell him/her you need something,,,that it is interupting your life,,,sleep,,,etc.
Hope you feel better real soon
~~Lorrie

Old 01-05-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
(female)

JustSmurfy HB User

Mucomyst can cause bronchospasms in asthmatics and can be extremely irritating even to those without but it never hurts to talk to your doctor about it,

It does stink though...smells like rotten eggs

Closed Thread