It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User
Is this shortness of breath? help!

All day yesterday and today, I keep getting the urge to take a really deep breath. It seems to be satisfying but it usually doesnt last very long (maybe 5 min.). Also, it's always just 1 deep breath then im fine again. I dont feel like i've been running or anything, not out of breathe like that but this still worries me. I have looked all over the internet but I cant find a good description of what shortness of breath feels like.

I do have acid reflux and allergies I think. It's been unusually warm for winter where I live and lots of people are having problems with allergies. I was outside exercising for a short time and I felt like I couldnt breathe and I was coughing alot. I am still very stuffy.

I went outside and exercised a little bit ago and I am not taking as many deep breaths as I was. Can anyone relate to this??? I am supposed to see a doctor on Tuesday but I dont know how serious something like this is.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
FrontierDriver

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Re: Is this shortness of breath? help!

That's not shortness of breath, more like air hunger and that can be just fatigue, anxiety pretty benign events etc, I wouldn't worry about it and just have the dr check it out. I have that occasionally and sometimes I just take a walk and if the weather is't accomodating I walk in place or go to the gym. Acid reflux can literally take your breath away so it's most likely not that. I have allergies to and tho my Dr has never said that is a possible allergy symptom it could be who knows. air hunger can sometimes occur if you happen to be a shallow breather like I am, it isn't the most efficient breathing for your body but it seems everyone is in a hurry these days and you run around doing this and that and taking short breaths without knowing it, pretty soon your body starts to crave a good full breath or more. I wouldn't worry too much, since you are going to be seeing the dr, talk to him about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2005, 09:43 AM   #3
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User
Re: Is this shortness of breath? help!

Thanks NancyH!

Closed Thread