It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Out of breath,chest pain REACTIVE AIRWAY DISEASE

Hello everyone I have a seriuos problem, I have reactive airway disease and I do get episodes of this very often and lately for 2 days I have had a dry cough all day long, and a tightenss in my chest, out of breath, I am currently on singulair and max air but the max air only helps for a little while, I feel like my chest is so tender, and my lungs hurt, i read alot about advair, and I am not sure if this would help me, is it just like max air, is it only for people with asthma,can it get me sick if I use it for my reactive airway disease? Please let me know as i want to ask my doc for it but am not sure thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2005, 05:56 PM   #2

iriscristata HB User
Re: Out of breath,chest pain REACTIVE AIRWAY DISEASE

I was diagnosed with RAD and put on pulmicort for some of the same symptons that you have. Then, took the MC test and came out positive and was diagnosed as asthma. Then, began taking Nexium and haven't had a single episode of tightness of chest, coughing, or anything that I used to have just a few months ago.

Now, it's back to RAD. My RAD is caused from acid reflux. I have another post about it - please see it also.

I also took Advair 50/500 and had a Maxair and albuterol inhaler for the rescue inhalers. Took the maxair one day after an aerobics class at the gym and thought I was going to die it burned my throat so badly. Come to find out, it wasn't the maxair after all burning my throat, it was ACID! I had jumped around so much in the gym that I literally made my stomach push the acid up to my throat.

Hope this helps you some and good luck! Talk to you doctor to see if he/she can find the reason behind the RAD. It could be many different things, so it's important to figure it out soon so you can get some relief. I know exactly how you are feeling. I've been there and it's not fun!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 06:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

blondy2061h HB User
Re: Out of breath,chest pain REACTIVE AIRWAY DISEASE

Do you have a peak flow meter? If you're in your yellow zone take your rescue inhaler and call you doctor if that doesn't help. If you're in your red zone go to the er, or call your doctor NOW. If you are in your green zone, relax.

I too was dx'ed with RAD, but they changed my dx to asthma when I was unable to ever go off meds. I also have GERD, and it sounds like you may want to look into that. Do you have any significant cardiac history?

Closed Thread