It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

Katt5220 HB User
Re: Test yourself for adrenal insufficiency

I wonder if you can help me on this.
I know this is weird but I went to an Herbal practioner and he does iridology the study of the iris. See I am frustrated by the Drs and their misdiagnosis of my problems. They keep insisting that I am having panic and anxiety without any of the mental problems that are associated with it. I have recently found out the I have acid reflux which is causing some of my problems. Anyway I went to this herbal person and he said that I have some kind of adrenal activity going on because my pupils were doing something. I can't remember exactly what he said but something to the effect that they keep moving. Do you think this is what you are talking about? the way he talked is like the way you explained it. If so what do I do about it?

Should I try and talk to my DR? I have had a comprehensive metabolic profile done. Would any of these tests indicate adrenal problems? My thyroid is fine.
Oh and I do have asthma
Thanks for the information,
Katt

Last edited by Katt5220; 02-06-2005 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
(female)

Katt5220 HB User

Thanks for the reply,
On the CBC tests any idea which ones would give a clue? I have 2/12 pages of test results that mean nothing to me. I had 2 thyroid test done but only have the results of the basic test. I am going to get the other results and post on thyroid board.
Thanks again, oh an osteopath, is that a DO?
Thanks for your help, Katt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

Chris,
I had posted before about hormone related asthma. I am 48 and am in perimenopause. I think I have been going through it for about 8 years. Anyway, one of the symptoms of low cortisol was losing weight and low blood pressure. Well, those are two symptoms I definitely do not have! I am overweight and my blood pressure a normal high. Can I pretty much rule out a problem in that hormone category? I have performed a saliva test and they are also checking estrogen, progesterone, DHEA, and testosterone. I know some of my symptoms are hormone related because they ease up when I'm on the 2% progesterone cream. I sure wish my allergies and asthma were related also. I never had asthma before I turned 40! It just all seems perfect timing. Thanks,
Cindy

Old 02-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

I am working with a very knowledgable pharmacist who compounds a lot of her own remedies. She is also knowledgable about alternatives. I'm not sure how much she knows about adrenals but she knows a lot about female hormone issues. I have my thyroid checked once a year, (the blood test) but of course it always shows normal. I have always had allergies, but they got worse when I was pregnant with my second child. I remember because my doctor didn't want me to take an antihistmine while pregnant and I suffered with postnasal drip! You mentioned epidurals - well, I had one with both babies. The one with my son, the last one, was flawed - it really only numbed half of my pelvic area and afterwards my back hurt for months!Anyway, my symptoms are:
weight gain and cannot lose (especially around belly)
Sensitive to cold (cold hands and feet)
very moody and depressed a lot
allergies and asthma
sporadic cold sores
elevated blood pressure
elevated blood sugar
foggy thinking
apathetic
NO sex drive
I'm sure there are more, but I won't take up any more of your time. My saliva test results should be in next week and hopefully I will know something,
Cindy

Old 02-09-2005, 08:15 AM   #5

iriscristata HB User

Hi Chris,
I had the blood draw today for the cortisol test. Had the eye check done also by the MD. Everything look good for that. Which board should I post the cortisol results on?

Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Last edited by iriscristata; 02-09-2005 at 08:15 AM.

Closed Thread