It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 08:02 PM   #1

celtic_mom HB User
Re: Averted a lung infection

Chris - great timing - I was just wondering about why I'm still congested day 12 of Levaquin therapy. I'm not sure if the infection I had just hasn't gone away or if I'm getting the cold my youngest has right now. Just to be on the safe side I popped a couple zinc tabs. My mother has always been big into vitamins and I used to poo poo her, but I have to say, she's nearly 70 and NEVER gets sick. I guess I'm going to be going to the vitamin store with her very soon.

night!

Old 02-12-2005, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

So Chris, right now I'm right in the middle of that lung infection you're talking about. Like you, usually, I am able to avert it by echninacea and a lot of vitamin C. But this time it was fierce and got me! We have tickets to fly out to Las Vegas tomorrow morning. So I called my doctor and he is calling me in Tussinex cough syrup and a steroid pack. I normally wouldn't take the steroid unless a half too situation came up, but I at least want to feel half decent on my trip. My problem this time is congestion in my chest that will not come out. I can hear it rattle when I lay down. Night is the worse. What does the Common Cold Cure say to do?
Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2005, 08:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

What were your symptoms of your infection? This bug going around my city is flu-like but not the flu. It is sinus congestion, chills, lung congestion, no appetite. I feel okay now except for this darn cough. I asked the doctor of he thought I had pneumonia and he said no since I don't have fever. I have asthma that really doesn't manifest itself unless I am sick. I had been doing so well. The last time I got sick was last year and it wasn't this bad. Like I said, before, I really know the steroid isn't good for me overall, but I just need to get this congestion out. I'm definitely getting the book you mentioned

Old 02-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

Our family takes Esberitox. I buy it at the health food store. They are chewables so even little kids can take it. But its an echinacea blend with vitamin c and some other things in it. You chew 3 tablets every hour until your symptoms subside and then maintain three times a day. That usually keeps our colds in check but this time it didn't work. I have recently cut out wheat in my diet along with sugar and am hoping that will help me. I have stayed pretty well, but I did get sick last Easter but it only lasted about a week. Oh, about vitamin C, have you ever taken the powder form? I have heard that you can take larger doses at a time and its pretty cheap.
Cindy

Closed Thread