It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
How long should I wait to see the doc?

So I went to the doc the other day, and all he told me was to come back in 10 days if I didn't feel better, that it was probably a sinus infection, and if I was couhing stuff up (green/bloody, etc) to call them. Had I of known this before, I wouldn't of bothered trying to get to the doc on Wednesday.

So...here's my question...for future reference...Should I wait until I have symptoms (sinus pain, congestion, etc) for like 10 days or so before i even bother going to the doc? What about if I'm coughing up nasty stuff? How long then?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2005, 05:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Re: How long should I wait to see the doc?

Most states have a number that you can call like an Ask-a-doc program. Did your doc put you on meds? Usually with a sinus infection, you are put on meds. I know that sinus infections are very hard to get rid of! Did he do any type of x-ray to confirm the sinus infection? Are you reunning a fever? How do you feel now and how long has it been since you saw the doc last?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

The hospital has the advice nurse, but it takes a while for her to call you back. The doc said no sinus infection, but that it might turn into one. He said to come back in 10 days if I didn't feel any better, that it probably turned will turn into a sinus infection if it hasn't gone away by then. He meant 10 days after the last time I saw him (Wednesday, 3/9). But I go to the allergist this Tuesday, and this is day 9 of my symptoms...in fact, I should go take some Sudafed before the pain kick in today. So I'll talk to the allergist about it, see if they can give me something to clear up whatever's going on. Hope to start feeling better before I leave for Spring Break on Saturday.

Old 03-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Hope you're feeling better. Keep me posted!!!

Old 03-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

No, I'm not feeling better year. I mean, I'm feeling better than I was this morning...but still, hate to think of tomorow and school stuff. :P

Old 03-18-2005, 08:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

I would see an allergist as soon as you can if you're not feeling better by now!

Old 03-18-2005, 09:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User

I saw my allergist on Tuesday. He said to use the Flonase twice a day, Pulmicort back to twice a day, and called in a perscription which I don't know if I'll get or not...lol...we'll see. So I'm feeling a little better...I should probably wait for the meds to kick in a little more before I call and complain, eh? :P Got some Allegra samples to dry my sinuses up...felt pretty good today...only a little pain/pressure. So I think I'm over, or near the tail end of this current flare of issues for now...hope I can stay OK for a while. LOL But we're leaving for Vacation tomorow, so we'll see how the week is. :P

Closed Thread