It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

Lalalane HB User
Exclamation Please help Lala!

Hello this is my first time on this site, but I was diagnosed with Asthma at 10yrs old, I am now 24. My problem is I never realized that all along I use to have mild asthma attacks and never called it that. I had couple of serious attacks. Right now my problem is for the last 3 weeks I suffered from severe chest tightness. At times it feels like I have to force myself to breathe, like take deep breaths. I don't really wheeze, but I have the chest tightness, cough, weakness and everything else that is asthma related. My question is would you call the chest tightness alone an asthma attack or an asthma symptom only? Is this signs of a serious attack?

Last edited by Lalalane; 03-24-2005 at 12:01 PM.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:36 AM   #2
(female)

Kmama4 HB User
Re: Please help Lala!

hhhmmm, that is a good question and I am eager to see what others say. I suffer from the same thing on occasion (although now days I seem wheezy 24/7.) but I wonder what qualifies as an actual attack.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #3
(female)

Lalalane HB User
Exclamation Re: Please help Lala! second request!

Yesterday, I was walking and my chest got really tight, I could not take a deep breath, my chest just felt really heavy. I used my inhaler and hopped in a cab home, but the entire way, I just wanted to use my inhaler again. It just did not feel like it was working fast enough. I think I am using my inhaler too much and my body is becomng immune to it, but for the last almost 4 weeks I seem to need it all the time. I am wondering is this just asthma symptoms or a complete attack. I am not crazy or anything, I just want to understand it all. I would call it an asthma attack, but it was not like I was gasping for air. I do get weak and light headed though. Please help..This has been happening too frequent.

Last edited by Lalalane; 03-24-2005 at 12:02 PM.

Closed Thread