It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2005, 01:55 PM   #1

celtic_mom HB User
How do you clear the stuff out of your chest w/o using an inhaler?

I have had to use my albuterol more and more the last couple of days just to clear the congestion in my chest. Mostly it is in the morning, but I continues throughout the day.

It's not like an attack, but it becomes thicker until I can't stand it any more and it is hard to take a good breath.

I will say that I know it is worse when I'm anxious, I just don't understand how anxiety can produce mucus.

So I was wondering, should I just use the xopenex in my nebulizer a couple of times a day again until this clears up or is there some other way of reducing this stuff.

I was wondering if short term use of decongestants might help. Expectorants don't work for this stuff, they just make my lungs itch.

Any ideas?

Old 04-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #2
(female)

tlass HB User
Re: How do you clear the stuff out of your chest w/o using an inhaler?

Have suffered from this for years and I have found that good ol "vicks" or olbas oil in hot water works short term - trouble is with decongestants the more you take the worse it can get - not much help I know but worth a shot!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 05:59 AM   #3

celtic_mom HB User
Re: How do you clear the stuff out of your chest w/o using an inhaler?

Thanks - I'll have to save this info for future reference. As for this past problem, it turned out I still had an infection - my doc put me on a different antibiotic and it cleared up the congestion for the most part. Now I just have to hope this round does the trick.

Closed Thread