It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

unknown18013 HB User
Thumbs up plz help telling the dif.

i play soccer and recently when i get really aggressive, i feel as if i am even breathing and just want to lie down n the middle of the field and gasp. also, i CANNOT take ciggarette smoke period. basically anything that has an effect on the air in a harmful way, i begin to gasp for air and cough. is this asthma or something else?

Old 04-06-2005, 06:32 AM   #2

bladebeam HB User
Re: plz help telling the dif.

Any wheezing ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2005, 07:11 AM   #3
(female)

RTStudent HB User

You do not have to "wheeze" to have asthma. It is common though but everyone experiences symptoms differently. it is possible it is asthma. symptoms, shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing, tightness to name a few. There are also different degrees of asthma. Your best bet is to get a Pre and Post pulmonary function test done. Your primary can order it.

Make ssure you tell him it was while you were playing sports. There is such thing as exercised induced asthma that will not show up on a regular PFT. An Exercise Test should be ordered if you find your symptoms only occur during times of activity.

~when in doubt, ask your doctor.

Old 05-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
(female)

sweet_chic HB User

OMG...the same thing happens to me!! I don't usually get those asthma symptoms (wheezing, coughing, tightness, shortness of breath) unless I've been exercising hard, or in contact with ciggarette smoke! I can't STAND ciggy smoke! I get shortness of breath. I thought it was just me.

I think I need to get an exercise test because I've never been good at endurance exercise (I'm always gasping for air!), and with my allergies peaking up in the spring, I'm finding recently that I'm experiencing more wheezing and shortness of breath after exercising even moderately. :-(

Closed Thread