It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 05:19 AM   #1
(female)

MelissaNC HB User
Question Asthma/Allergy question

Hey guys, I've got a question. Right now my asthma is finally starting to get under control after being switched from Atrovent to Advair. I'm also taking Singulair at bedtime. Now I know that Singulair is used for both asthma and allergies, and that it blocks the leukotrienes that cause so many allergy problems, but I'm still having some issues. The wheezing and tightness when I go outside are getting better, but my eyes are a different story. Every time I step outside, my eyes start burning and itching and watering horribly. I can't even wear makeup right now because I end up looking like a raccoon (even with waterproof) because I rub at my eyes so much. I look like I'm on drugs because my eyes get so red.

So, is this something that the Singulair should be taking care of and it just isn't, or is that a different type of allergy requiring a different type of medicine? My youngest son went through a period last fall where he kept horrible black eyes, and his pediatrician said it was a type of allergy and gave him Singulair and it cleared it right up, so I'm assuming that Singulair is supposed to be for all types of allergies, not just the one's that affect the breathing, right? Someone just please let me know if this all means that the Singulair isn't working right, or if it is and I just need two meds.

Asthma-wise I feel a ton better , though I still use the inhaler once or twice a day (I was using it like 10 times a day, so that's a big improvement), but it's those darned allergies I can't seem to get under control.

Thanks!
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
(female)

MissAmethyst2U HB User
Re: Asthma/Allergy question

Just wanted to reply and say that, I have the same problem with thw atery itchy eyes and cant wear makeup cause I will look like a racoon...I also take Advair and Singulair and well during the winter months I get taken off my Zyrtec but now that its Spring I need to start taking my Zyrtec again and this seems to help with that... so for me the Advair, SIngulair and Zyrtec seem to cure most of my problems...I don't think the Singulair is for all allergies but I could be wrong...

Closed Thread