It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 08:28 PM   #1

boolsae HB User
Back pain with asthma?

I am having some back pain, nothing that's killing me, but it hurts enough for me to notice. I've noticed I've had NO difficulty breathing, but for the last 2 days I've gotten winded easily when just holding a normal conversation or reading out loud. It feels like my lungs are deflating very quickly, and that brings on the back pain. My peak flows are normal,and at the level they were before the back pain.

I'm on singulair, qvar, nasonex and albuterol. Could these be causing any of this?

Or could the back pain have been caused by something else, and its actually inhibiting my already short breath?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
(male)

veryfrustrated HB User
Re: Back pain with asthma?

Is it your upper back? I experience the same thing when my asthma acts up. I'm currently experiencing diffuculty breathing, no wheezing just a lil tight. I have been taking albuteral and flovent i believe it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
(female)

MelissaNC HB User
Re: Back pain with asthma?

Two things I've noticed...when my asthma acts up, I do get some amount of pain in my upper back, and if I have strained the muscles in my back it affects my breathing. (Catch 22?) I know that there have been several times that I've strained the muscles just by coughing too hard, and then for several days I can't take a full breath without a good bit of pain, and at some point I just start automatically taking shorter breaths to avoid the pain, without even thinking about it. Have you recently (past week) had any bad coughing spells, even if they seemed fairly short? A hard cough, even of short duration, can put unusual strain on muscles in your back, side, and chest...

Closed Thread