It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 05:37 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

LPN 90 HB User
Unhappy Help, Advair making me worse !!

I have been on Advair 500/50 for the past 6 weeks. The Dr. ordered this for a bout of bronchitis that I had gotten. I am still on the Advair and it actually seems to be making me more wheezy , gurggley and the cough just won't let up. I have lost my voice and can barely talk and it has been this way for the past 4 weeks. If you all have had any similar side effects on the Advair, please let me know how you handled it. I am so tired of feeling sick and tired !

Thanks for any and all help !

Old 05-11-2005, 05:56 AM   #2
(female)

DITAB HB User
Re: Help, Advair making me worse !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPN 90
I have been on Advair 500/50 for the past 6 weeks. The Dr. ordered this for a bout of bronchitis that I had gotten. I am still on the Advair and it actually seems to be making me more wheezy , gurggley and the cough just won't let up. I have lost my voice and can barely talk and it has been this way for the past 4 weeks. If you all have had any similar side effects on the Advair, please let me know how you handled it. I am so tired of feeling sick and tired !

Thanks for any and all help !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2005, 06:02 AM   #3
(female)

DITAB HB User

Hi LPN 90
I was on Advair 100/50 for a number of years. I avoided the extrme hoarsensss (just mildyl so) by dedicated gargling and mouth rinsing after use. However, I did not find it very effective and felt frequent "heart poundings" with its use. I am now on QVAR for the last two weeks and I'm still evaluating. I rarely feel great! I was on Prednisone for five days to clear up a recent bad episode. It helped somewhat. I dunno -- it's hard to get it right. Ask your Dr about QVAR -- it seems to be popular now. I think Advair is starting to lose favor becuase of the hoarseness complaints and other seeming side effects.

Old 05-11-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

blondy2061h HB User

Serevent is a component of Advair that makes most people better, but has been known to make some people worse.

It sounds like you should talk to your doctor about trying other meds.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
(female)

KarenFaith HB User

I am on Advair 500/50 for severe asthma...Although it helps my asthma, it gives me a "frog in the throat" it is worse in the morning but, it can linger all day. I have to constantly clear my throat and it is most annoying, especially when talking on the phone. I have not found anything that helps. Karen

Old 05-11-2005, 08:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

I gargle with water and rinse really good and then drink some water. It helps some, but some days I have the "frog" anyway. I know it's the steroid powder settling on the back of the throat.

Closed Thread