It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Bad Breath from steroid inhaler???

I feel a bad taste in my mouth and bad breath after I have been using the steroid inhalers, what can I do I hate this?? also have a more than normal white coating on my tongue which I remove with a tongue scraper.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Bad Breath from steroid inhaler???

You are supposed to brush your teeth or at least gargle with mouthwash after using. You may have thrush. I'd see the doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi, I do brush and gargle with peroxide, but I guess i do have thrush.
I have been using the inhaler way too much during the day, but anyway I took a difulcan pill hopefully that will get rid of the thrush.

I thought inhalers caused bad breath??

Old 10-12-2005, 06:18 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Hasn;t caused it with me. And why are you using it "too much during the day?" The steroid inhaler is for set use...in others, a certain number of puffs a day. If you are having attacks or problems breathing, then you use your rescue inhaler (Albuterol or whatever) not the steroid.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh sorry I take adavir 2x a day and then I used albuterol about 3x and teh nebulizer machine, I have been having a horrible time because of mold in my home, if you read another post I have that would tell you a bit more, Thanks

Closed Thread