It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

catcopy HB User
Ticklish feeling in my chest?

I have just had a "bout" with something. For many years I have had symptoms of mild asthma and every time I get a cold it goes directly to my chest and I need antibiotics to help it. This time I was put on antibiotics, steriods and inhalers. The pulmicort made me very DEPRESSED. I hated that feeling. As soon as I went off the pulmicort that feeling of depression went away. Now I'm left with a ticklish feeling that feels like it's on the right side of the inside of my chest. I still have a croupy sounding cough but not nearly as bad as I did a couple of weeks ago. My doctor wanted me off my inhalers and I'm also off the antibiotic. Is this ticklish feeling part of asthma? I do have acid reflux and take Aciphex for it. Sometimes after I eat even if I'm sitting up taking a nap, I will reflux and get choked. It scares me when this happens. It seems to happen after acidy drinks like orange juice, soda pop, etc. I thought that perhaps that was keeping things irritated in my chest and causing the ticklish feeling. I guess it could even be allergies or something. Any light you can shed on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Re: Ticklish feeling in my chest?

I have a ticklish itchy feeling in my right lung,throat and ear. I had wheezing and trouble breathing. Still trying to figure out whats causing it. One doctor said broncitus one said allergies with asthma symptoms and I am even thinking possable chemical exposure from work. The day before my attack something was burning my nose and throat for about a 1/2 hour at work and I do work with some chemicals. They gave me antibiotics and cough medicine first time at doc second time a shot of steriods ,albutral and zyrtec. The steriod seemed to help alot. I still am having some wheezing on inhalation though. But the itchy tickly feeling is very bothersome. If you find out any info let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread