It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User
Rabbit Tobacco

I've had asthma since I was two years old. As I have gone on, my symptoms have gotten progessively worse. I've been on inhaled steroids for a while now, and am put on and off them at least every six months by my doctor. My nebulizer is now hardly able to keep up with the difficulty of my symptoms, to a point where I am having to take up to eight vials of medication a day. My doctor has told that this is just due to the severity of my asthma and that, due to other health problems, the way things have to be.

Therefore, I am interested into looking into folk cures and alternate medicines. About a year ago, I ran into several people who had been told to smoke Rabbit Tobacco. They were advised this by a friend or relative, generally, and had previously had asthma that was, while not as bad as mine, quite severe. Only one of these people had had an asthma attack since they had started smoking rabbit tobacco and that was a very minor attack.

While the very idea of smoking something to get rid of my asthma offends me, I am willing to look into it if there is any chance that it might help. Does anyone know what this rabbit tobacco is or how it might help or hurt an asthmatic? I'm at my wits end.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
tobacco allergy? SentenceDoing Allergies 4 07-31-2008 07:27 AM
Staph and a rabbit? hoohooty Infectious Diseases 0 11-18-2007 02:30 PM
Worried!! Smokeless Tobacco Use? BRC777 Dental Health 5 08-25-2005 03:43 AM
blood and urine test in 1 week, will chewing tobacco show up? metalman Open to All Other Health Topics 5 04-04-2005 08:53 AM
how long does chewing tobacco stay in you blood/urine? metalman Addiction & Recovery 2 04-01-2005 06:49 PM