It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
(female)

Solaray2 HB User
What Can I Take For Wheezing?

Hi can anyone give me suggestions on what to take for Wheezing irritation?
for the daytime.

Benedryl works good for me at night. But not good for daytime because of Drowsiness
Singulair doesnt do sh!!!!!!!it for me but I take it anyway as prescribed.
Xolair does'nt seem to be helping at the moment
Antiinflammatories Flovent, Asthmanex, & Qvar dont seem to be helping.
Albuterol helps for only an hour if at all.

Can you suggest any other drugs I could possibly take that might get rid of the wheezing. Until I get a chance to see the doctor.

Its F!!!!!!!!!!!!!ng annoying and I cant take it any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Solaray2; 07-28-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
(female)

sue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB User
Re: What Can I Take For Wheezing?

What about pred?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

ppepper HB User

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for you but if you are wheezing that much you do need to see the doctor. Have you considered asking the doctor for a home nebulizer? They are nice to have when the asthma kicks in and you can't see the doctor for a few days.

Good Luck

Old 07-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

Advair 500/50 works well for me.

In the meantime, what time of day are you taking your Singulair? For asthma, it is better to take it in the evenings. For allergies it can be either mornings or evenings. For allergies and asthma, it should be taken in the evening.

Make sure you are using your Albuterol when you need it.

Good Luck.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:58 PM   #5
(female)

MandyPandy HB User

Are you feeling sick in any other way? Sometimes when I have a cold and/or sinus infection my asthma flares up. You really should not wait to see your doctor though. It sounds to me like you have something around you all the time allergy like that is causing you to have these constant flare ups. I used to have someone at my work that liked to wear perfume that bothered my lungs/asthma. Because it was constantly going int my system nonstop the albuterol didn't seem to be working, or at least not long. Have you been tested for allergies? You sound like you need to be on a prevenative inhailer such as advair. I used to hate taking this kind of stuff and although I said my asthma was under control it really was not. I now have taken Advair & singulair for the past 8 months or so. Today my inhailer ran out and when I called in the prescription I realized I had not filled it since JANUARY! I used to fill it every month. So itf you are being constantly bothered it would probably be worth it to take a daily inhiler like Advair diskus.

Closed Thread