It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

Galaxy_Sug HB User
Question Albuterol Sulfate Question

I was recently prescribed an Albuterol Sulfate inhaler and was wondering if it is normal to feel shaky, fast heart beat, weak and nervous after taking it? I have only taken it three times so far and was wondering if these symptoms/side effects ever go away or become less severe? I get nervous when I feel I need my inhaler cause of the side effects. Is albuterol a steroid? Is there any long term side affects I should be worried about? I am sometimes worried to take it when I cant breath cause I worry about my future health and well being. I sometimes just try and sit down untill the symptoms subside. Any advice???

Is there a diffrence between Singulair and a Cortical Steriod Inhaler? Tried not using Singulair for a week and felt awful...singulair is too expensive without insurance and the inhalers are cheaper. Would I benifit from a ICS? What are the long term effect???

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Galaxy_Sug; 01-25-2007 at 11:44 PM. Reason: More Questions...

Old 01-26-2007, 04:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Albuterol Sulfate Question

That is common. Eventually it will lessen as your body adapts to the med. It is not a steroid and there are no long term side effects.

Yes, there is a difference between Singulair and a steroid inhaler. Some people do well on the Singulair, others, like me, get no results with it. If you think it is helping and want to stay on it, this is another drug you ought to check on buying in Canada. Without insurance, I would suggest checking on everything you take. You might find some bargains.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Johna HB User
Re: Albuterol Sulfate Question

Do you feel like you're wired and wanta bounce out of your skin? It's normal but becareful not take it after a certain time at night....if I do it after 7 I am wired all night.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:51 AM   #4
(male)

cb12 HB User
Get Xopenex now!

I had the same problem, told my doc and he says oh, we have this other version that does the same thing without the heart racing etc.. I said, why would anyone want the regular albuterol? No answer.

I switched to Xopenex and it works and it is much better.

Closed Thread