It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

opple HB Useropple HB User
Wheezing & tight feeling in chest--scared

when I lie down especially. I was really sick with the flu, fever, and a terrible cough a month ago. I took antibiotics and codeine cough syrup. But ever since that I have this tight feeling in my chest and the whistling wheezing sound when I exhale.

In my life I've had pneumonia once and bronchitis many times. But I can't even begin to list all the health probs I've had just in about the last nine months: hormone probs, migraines, unexplained hives on my face that required a Medrol pack, ear infections, etc. And now this. A year ago all I had going on was slightly irregular periods due to perimeno. Now I take the Pill for that and that at least is fine.

I had a boyfriend who began being treated with asthma and then told me he had a more serious lung disease. Could I have caught something from him that took time to show itself? My last contact with him was in June. And this last cough came from visiting a friend who was ill with it.

I am headed for the ER if I still have even a little pain breathing tomorrow because I don't know what this could be--asthma maybe? I have no fever and otherwise feel fine.

Last edited by opple; 03-09-2007 at 03:33 AM.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Re: Wheezing & tight feeling in chest--scared

Thank you, dove, I did end up there last nite. Emergency Rooms suck, by the way. I got five minutes on a breathing machine with a medicine pipe and a prescrip for an inhaler. I also had a resp therapist listen to my breathing and he said no asthma, not to his ears. My breathing capacity was 99, which is good.

But there is something wrong and I intend to visit my reg doc this coming week whereupon I will ask for a chest x-ray or something to pinpoint what's happening. Am still in the dark, still having pain and chest tightness. It sure doesn't help that it's been freezing cold here since about Oct, either, with almost no relief from cold, damp and wind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

berkeleyyi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapple View Post
when I lie down especially. I was really sick with the flu, fever, and a terrible cough a month ago. I took antibiotics and codeine cough syrup. But ever since that I have this tight feeling in my chest and the whistling wheezing sound when I exhale.

In my life I've had pneumonia once and bronchitis many times. But I can't even begin to list all the health probs I've had just in about the last nine months: hormone probs, migraines, unexplained hives on my face that required a Medrol pack, ear infections, etc. And now this. A year ago all I had going on was slightly irregular periods due to perimeno. Now I take the Pill for that and that at least is fine.

I had a boyfriend who began being treated with asthma and then told me he had a more serious lung disease. Could I have caught something from him that took time to show itself? My last contact with him was in June. And this last cough came from visiting a friend who was ill with it.

I am headed for the ER if I still have even a little pain breathing tomorrow because I don't know what this could be--asthma maybe? I have no fever and otherwise feel fine.
Are you allergic to dairy? I am and if I eat dairy especially dairy that's creamier, I wheeze, I have trouble breathing, my chest gets tight, I get stabbing pain in my chest that hurts when I move, laugh, or breathe, I also got hives (visibly on my face and just over itchiness from the chest up), and lastly ear aches (in some people ear infections are caused by a dairy allergy, my daughter got them chronically until we stopped feeding her dairy). I also suffer from migraines, but when I stay away from things that trigger them such as allergens my migraines go down. If you're really tired because of all of the symptoms you're suffering from that could be triggering migraines.

Last edited by berkeleyyi; 03-13-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Dairy is food for thought here, no pun intended. I suppose it could be that, a number of things are possible.

I have an appt with my regular clinic on Fri--soonest they could get me in. I will insist on a lot more than a breathing tube and an inhaler. I think they should have done xrays at the hospital and it makes me mad all that waiting and sitting reading old dogearred magazine for so little.

If I can't hang in there til Fri I am going to a different emergency room even if it's outta my way.

Closed Thread