It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
(male)

J712 HB User
Asthma???

Well for starters I will say I have really bad allergies...
I been smoking for about 9 years now (need to quit, been trying to cut back/quit) but haven't quit yet. Now sure if this matters but about 9 years ago I was diagnosed with Acid reflux, I was put on medication (Cant remember what it was) I Took it as prescribed, then stopped and never had a issue. about 6 years ago One night I woke up and I was wheezing really bad, didnt feel I could breathe And so I went to the ER room, They told me it sounded as if I had asthma they perscribed two inhalers, one of which was I believe was a steroid, and the other Abuterol I believe it was called. I took them as perscribed the one I was just taking I think twice a day and the abuterol was only when I felt I needed it It was needed probrolly everynight and morning for a couple weeks then I just didnt need it anymore. now its been 6 years and all the sudden the past couple nights I been waking up in the middle of the night wheezing bad enouph that I have to get out of bed. I been reading and noticed it does seem to affect more people during cold season, and it was just these past couple weeks that it started getting cold around my area.
I was also reading that it might be trigged by acid reflux, which is weird I havent had a issue with that in what seems to be 10 years, now as of reciently been waking up in the middle of the night with that bothering me as well.
I know I have to go see a dr. Im waiting on my med. benifits to kick in.. (well I think there already kicked in waiting on all the info to come in the mail) Its just weird that These problems went away for so long, and now out of the blue return. Im kinda scared maybe it isnt asthma due to the fact I been fine for so long. Why does it seem to be so bad while Im sleeping? the only time it bothers me is while im sleeping or when I first wake up. during the day it doesnt really ever bother me. And does Acid reflux affect it? I never really did understand asthma and what affects it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread